This feature described in this section does not write data back to Cognite Data Fusion (CDF). The feature is currently in beta, and any manual contextualization done in the application are not available in other Cognite applications.
Scaled dashboards are dashboard templates that you create from a reference asset and that you can apply to all assets of the same type. You can use the templates you create, to view detailed dashboards for fully contextualized assets. For partially contextualized assets, you can view partial dashboards.
You can also use the template to contextualize assets manually. Manual contextualizations are not written back to CDF, but are saved in Operational Intelligence.
In this article:
Create a dashboard template for a type
Follow the steps below to create a dashboard template for an equipment type.
1. Choose an equipment type
- Navigate to the data explorer and change the asset hierarchy view to organize it by Equipment Types.
- Choose the equipment type for which you want to create a dashboard template. In this example, we use the "valve" equipment type.
2. Choose a template type
- Create a new template.
- Choose what type of template you want to create. In this example, we create a "line chart" template.
3. Select a reference asset
Operational Intelligence automatically chooses a reference asset for you. You can select another reference asset by searching for it, or by using the drop-down menu.
4. Select data
Select the properties that you would like to display for the equipment type. In this example, we choose "Maximum allowed travel time (close)", "Travel time (close)", and "Reaction close time".
The chart displays the relevant data from the reference asset.
5. Complete the template
To complete your dashboard template, do one or more of the following:
- Rename the chart template.
- Rename the dashboard template.
- Make the dashboard template public.
In this example, we rename the chart template to "Travel time close" and the dashboard template to "Travel times".
The dashboard is available across all assets in CDF that are of the same equipment type, in our case, the "valve" equipment type.
Contextualize an asset manually
If an asset is missing properties, you need to contextualize the properties manually to see all details for the asset in the dashboard.
1. Navigate to a partially-contextualized asset
- Navigate to an asset that is not fully contextualized. In this example, we navigate to valve "11-ESDV-92232".
- Open your dashboard template. In this example, we open the dashboard template named "Travel times".
2. Add missing data
- Manually contextualize any data that is missing. In this example, we manually contextualize "Maximum allowed travel time (close)" and "Travel time (close)".
- Click "Contextualize". After a moment, you get a notification confirming that the contextualization was successful.
You can't edit your template in this view. To edit the template, see the steps under Create a dashboard template for a type.