This feature described in this section does not write data back to Cognite Data Fusion (CDF). The feature is currently in beta, and any manual contextualization done in the application are not available in other Cognite applications.
Scaled boards are board templates that you create from a reference asset and that you can apply to all assets of the same type. You can use the templates you create, to view detailed boards for fully contextualized assets and partial boards for partially contextualized assets.
You can also use the template to contextualize assets manually. Manual contextualizations are not written back to CDF, but are saved in Operational Intelligence.
In this article:
Create a board template for a type
Follow the steps below to create a board template for an equipment type.
Choose an equipment type
- Navigate to the data explorer and change the asset hierarchy view to organize it by Equipment Types.
- Choose the equipment type for which you want to create a board template. In this example, we use the "valve" equipment type.
Choose a template type
- Create a new template.
- Choose what type of template you want to create. In this example, we create a "line chart" template.
Select a reference asset
Operational Intelligence automatically chooses a reference asset for you. You can select another reference asset by searching for it, or by using the drop-down menu.
Select the properties that you would like to display for the equipment type. In this example, we choose "Maximum allowed travel time (close)", "Travel time (close)", and "Reaction close time".
The chart displays the relevant data from the reference asset.
Complete the template
To complete your board template, do one or more of the following:
- Rename the chart template.
- Rename the board template.
- Make the board template public.
In this example, we rename the chart template to "Travel time close" and the board template to "Travel times".
The board is available across all assets in CDF that are of the same equipment type, in our case, the "valve" equipment type.
Contextualize an asset manually
If an asset is missing properties, you need to contextualize the properties manually to see all details for the asset in the board.
Navigate to a partially-contextualized asset
- Navigate to an asset that is not fully contextualized. In this example, we navigate to valve "11-ESDV-92232".
- Open your board template. In this example, we open the board template named "Travel times".
Add missing data
- Manually contextualize any data that is missing. In this example, we manually contextualize "Maximum allowed travel time (close)" and "Travel time (close)".
- Click "Contextualize". After a moment, you get a notification confirming that the contextualization was successful.
You can't edit your template in this view. To edit the template, see the steps under create a board template for a type.