In this article:
# Before you start
To use scheduling, you must first create a list in the Scope view. You can create several lists, so you can switch between the different scopes in the Schedule view.
# Optimizing the schedule
In the Schedule view, you can explore the work orders in your scope. Click on the work order to see their Operations. This also zooms your view to that work order's timeline.
Note! The phases of operations have different colors:
- Light blue: prep hase
- Dark blue: execution phase
- Green: post phase
You may adjust the timing of the work orders and its operations:
- Click and drag the different bars to your preferred timing.
- Click and drag the cursor to adjust the start and end time.
- Click the settings wheel to adjust the number of hours in a workday.
When the schedule is done, you can download it as a Gantt chart, and in a format fit for Primavera input.
# Personnel onboard limit (POB)
Click the date to set a phase duration and POB limit. A red warning appears when you reach your POB limit for a day.
# Trade matrix
The trade matrix shows the schedule for different trades such as mechanics, welders, scaffolding etc in a matrix scheme.
- In Scheduling view, click the blue tab to see the trade matrix. If you have two scopes visualized, the matrix addresses the first schedule (listed at the top of the screen).
- The matrix shows the disciplines for your current scope and total/available man-hours.
- You can edit the number of hours. The boxes will then be marked with a dot in different colors.
- When hovering over the different boxes, you will be prompted with the possibility to edit the maximum number of hours:
Green: available capacity Yellow: exceeding ideal capacity Red: capacity exceeded given current scope
- You can download the trade matrix as an excel file.
You and other users can comment on the operations to improve collaboration: In Schedule, click the operations bar and add your comments in the panel. You can also see the history of other users' comments:
- A text icon after the title of the work order
- A small circle after the specific operation indicates comments. Click on the text icon to access the comments. The image below shows a work order with a comment.
To add a comment, click the work order or the operation and click the Comments tab. Comments entered by other users will also be visible here.