# Checklists for routine rounds
With additional access rights, you can easily create templates for checklists that are especially useful for daily, weekly, and monthly routine rounds. Use InField on a desktop for this functionality.
In this article:
# Create checklist templates for routine rounds
# Step 1: Create template settings
- Click Plus (+) next to Templates to open Create new template.
- Enter a template name and select one or more relevant areas of expertise.
- Select Include measurement readings in the template to add measurement readings in a checklist.
- Allow for different checklist states with the checkboxes under More options. Note that To do and OK are required states.
# Step 2: Set work shift and days for execution
- Add tasks to be done. You'll find some useful text layout tips below.
- Specify shift in Select interval. Choose Advanced scheduling to set the week frequency. This option enables you to create templates for rounds made every 2, 3, or 4 weeks. When a checklist is created from this template, the checklist elements are placed in the assigned weeks.
- Specify days for execution.
# Step 3: Add measurement information
- Prefill the name of the reading. The name must be unique and be descriptive as these will be available on the Trend page in a future release of InField. We also recommend keeping it short for best viewing on the mobile device. Any tags used in the checklist element are prefixed to the name.
- Enter the measurement unit to be used.
- Optionally, add the minimum and maximum values for the reading. When the user fills in these values, deviations are highlighted in red.
Note these useful text layout tips for the template items.
- Type some text and then insert a column. This text will be in bold format.
- Tag IDs and asset names are colored blue and linked to the tag or asset.
- Click Shift + Enter to insert a line break.
# Use checklists for routine rounds
Checklists based on templates are displayed as open checklists on the Home page. These lists have the same name as the template they are based on and the week number for execution. Note that you cannot edit these lists.
- Check off and select a status for the checklist tasks.
- Add measurement readings if this is included in the template. If min. and max. values are predefined any deviations are displayed with a red line.
- Add comments and images with the menu items under More options (...) for every task.
- Share the list with co-workers, place your instance of the checklist in the archive, and download a PDF report with the menu items under More options (...) placed in the top right corner of the checklist.
# See historical reports for checklists based on templates
You can open and then print a PDF report of a checklist with the menu item Open checklist report. This is placed under More options (...) on the checklist. The report shows the daily status of the checklist tasks and any measurement readings.
You can view all checklist reports from the same template with the menu item Historical reports for this template. This menu option is placed under More options (...) on the template.
On a desktop, click View template to view the original template, click the checklist name to open the checklist, and click Open checklist report to open a PDF file you can print.
On a mobile unit, click the PDF icon, placed on the right side of a checklist item.