You can install the extractor on a physical server, on a virtual machine on-premises, or in the cloud.
For the default values in the configuration, the server needs a minimum of 4 GB RAM and an additional 256 GB HD for logging and storage. You can adjust the configuration to reduce memory usage.
For the default values in the configuration, the server needs a minimum of 2 core CPUs.
- Windows server 2016 or later.
- A Windows account with admin rights to install the extractor.
- Access to the Windows machine, for instance, through VPN.
- .Net Framework 4.6.2 run-time or higher version.
- Access to download PI AF SDK 2018, which is distributed as part of the PI AF Client 2018 R2.
- Username and password for connecting to the PI AF server where the data is stored.
- Network access with firewall openings to each PI AF server on TCP port 5457.
- Network access with firewall openings to the CDF cluster and CDF project.