You can install the extractor on a physical server, on a virtual machine on-premises, or in the cloud.
For the default values in the configuration, the server needs a minimum of 4 GB RAM and an additional 256 GB HD for logging and storage. You can adjust the configuration to reduce memory usage.
For the default values in the configuration, the server needs a minimum of 2-core CPUs.
The memory and CPU requirements also depend on the number of PI points in the PI Data Archive, the rate of real-time data points, the volume of historical data, and the rate at which the extractor checks for new PI Points.
- Windows Server 2016 or later.
- A Windows account with admin rights to install the extractor.
- Access to the Windows machine, for instance through VPN.
- .Net Framework 4.8 Runtime or later.
- Access to download PI AF SDK 2018 which is distributed as part of the PI AF Client 2018 R2.
- Username and password for connecting to the PI server where the data is stored.
- Network access with firewall openings to the PI system. This means to each PI server on TCP port 5450.
- Network access with firewall openings to the CDF cluster and CDF project.