This article documents the ongoing improvements we're making to the Cognite OPC UA Extractor.
# OPC UA Extractor 2.0
The OPC UA Extractor - version 2.0 contains a number of improvements. Here are the main changes:
- The configuration schema for pushing data to CDF is updated and matches the other Cognite extractors.
- Support for updating time series and assets.
- Support for storing time series and assets metadata in CDF Raw.
- Support for pushing node metadata to CDF Raw.
- Support for large OPC UA servers.
# OPC UA Extractor 1.2
The OPC UA Extractor - version 1.2 introduces the LiteDB database to store state between runs, a system to extract to CDF over MQTT. There are also significant improvements to stability and fault tolerance.
# OPC UA Extractor 1.1
The OPC UA Extractor - version 1.1 introduces the backfill functionality, a tool to analyze the OPC UA server, a configuration sample, buffering in InfluxDB, and more.
# OPC UA Extractor 1.0
The OPC UA Extractor - version 1.0 is the first stable release of the OPC UA Extractor.