# Cognite Data Fusion change log
This article documents the ongoing improvements we're making to the Cognite Data Fusion.
# September 11, 2020
# Version 7.0.0
- The Cognite Console has been deprecated and is replaced by Cognite Data Fusion.
- You can now match entities to set up and validate all your contextualization pipelines.
- You can now build interactive P&IDs (Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams) from static PDF source files.
- You can now easily switch project after logging in to Cognite Data Fusion.
# May 14, 2020
# Version 6.1.0
- You can now download software and documentation for your extractors from the Cognite Console.
# May 7, 2020
# Version 6.0.0
- New landing page.
- Small ux improvements in transformations
# April 17, 2020
# Version 5.1.0
- New rule for evaluating flatlining and standard deviation on time series data
- Minor bugfixes
- Small ux improvements in transformations
# Version 5.0.0
- New navigation
- Improved discoverability of CDF features
# April 8, 2020
# Version 4.3.0
- Live reusable data quality metrics. Learn more in our blog post.
- Improved ability to troubleshoot data quality alerts visually in the GUI
# April 6, 2020
# Version 4.2.1
- Made all buttons rounded
- Renamed "Feedback" to "Chat with support"
# March 12, 2020
# Version 4.2.0
- New full stack data sets feature supported by the API. Learn more in our blog post and our detailed article on data sets. The existing data sets feature in Console will be deprecated on April 15th.
- Renamed the "Data kits" feature to "Quality monitoring".
- Updated the text in notification emails from quality monitoring.
- Minor UI improvements in CDF transformations.
# February 13, 2020
# Version 4.1.0
Transform your data in CDF using Transformations. Learn more and get started with Transformations by following our step-by-step guide.
# February 6, 2020
# Version 4.0.4
# Bug fixes and improvements
- You can now edit groups in access management.
- You can scope time series access to all time series under a specific root asset in access management.
- When you create a new table in RAW Explorer, it is automatically selected.
# January 30, 2020
# Version 4.0.3
# Bug fixes and improvements
- We're introducing a new UI for creating groups in Access management.
- We've improved the UI for data quality monitoring on data kits.
- "Data inventory" has been renamed to "Data catalog".
- You can now hover over a group name to show the group capabilities when you add groups to a service account.
- We've fixed a UI glitch for "Filter by capabilities" in Access management > Groups for narrow browser windows.
- You'll get a reminder to reauthenticate in Console to apply any changes you have made to your own service account.
- You'll get a warning if you navigate away from editing a service account without saving your changes.
# January 03, 2020
# Version 4.0.2
- You can now give users read-only view to access management, so that the right people can easily audit who has access to which data.
# January 02, 2020
# Version 4.0.1
- Instantly identify the default group in access management. Learn (opens new window) more about the default group. Bonus: Improved UI for groups filtering in access management.
- Improved filtering by capability for Groups in access management
# December 12, 2019
- When you rely on data to make operational decisions, it is critical that you know when the data is reliable and that end users know when they can rely on the data to make decisions. You can now set up continuous data quality monitoring of time series.
Follow the steps in our step-by-step guide to get started with data quality monitoring.
# December 03, 2019
# Version 3.1.2
- If there are features you don't have access to, you can hover over the inactive menu item to see which capabilities you need to access the feature.
- The Set as default group button is disabled if you don't have the necessary capability. Hover over the button to see what capabilities you need.
- In Access management, the items in the service accounts, groups, and API keys tables are now ordered by name by default.
# November 25, 2019
# Version 3.1.1
- To link a CDF group to a group in an Identity Provider (IdP) system, enter the Source ID and the Source name for the IdP group. The members of the linked IdP group will automatically become members of the CDP group.
# November 01, 2019
# Version 3.1.0
- Manage data in RAW storage through a new RAW explorer. Access it by selecting Integrations in the left hand bar and then selecting RAW explorer. Often, customers choose to mirror data from a source system in tables and databases in RAW, because it decouples extraction operations from transformation operations. Only authorized users can view and manage data in RAW storage.
# October 25, 2019
# Version 3.0.0
- Configure your InField (opens new window) application to work for your assets. Navigate to the application configuration by selecting Applications in the left hand bar and then selecting InField. Only authorized users can view and edit the application configuration.
# October 18, 2019
# Version 2.9.0
- New navigation menu and added landing page for Data Inventory, incl. details about access information
- Click on the "Scope" label in Groups in Identity & Access Management to view details about the scope for a group capability For example, for a time series scope you see which time series are included.
- Updated the description for the default group and the warning text for setting a new default group in Identity and Access Management
# October 01, 2019
# Version 2.8.0
- Limit access to specific databases or tables in the Cognite Data Fusion Raw storage (opens new window), by specifying a scope in group creation in Identity and Access Management.
- See which groups may be connected to a group in your own Identity Provider. The warning message shows up if a group has a
sourceIdset in CDF. If the
sourceIdis the same as the ID of a corresponding group in your own Identity Provider, then the two groups are linked.
- Hover over the project name to see and copy the CDF ID for your project.
- Hover over your name to see which email address you have used to sign in.
- By default, items in Data Sets are now sorted alphabetically.
# September 15, 2019
# Version 2.7.2
- Limit access to specific time series through more granular access management in Identity Access Management.
- Easily filter for what you're looking for in Identity Access Management through a more visible filtering button. .
- Added Cognite logo.
- Fixed bug in Identity Access Mgmt., displaying unavailable capabilities for projects.
# September 01, 2019
# Version 2.7.1
- Improved user interface for creating groups, with more details about each field to be filled out.
- Improved user interface for creating service accounts, specifically providing more details about the capabilities of the groups when you add a service account to groups.
# August 15, 2019
# Version 2.7.0
- Added search/filter by name for Groups and Service Account under Access Management.
- Added informational page for Access Management.
# August 01, 2019
# Version 2.6.1
- Added new Get started component to the home page.
# July 15, 2019
# Version 2.6.0
- Launched new home page.